Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is why junkyarding is so much fun. Find a car, start tearing it apart to see if what you have in mind might work, no risk except the $2 admission. You can probably swap a console from a donor car, which may require cutting the headliner, or just get the headliner too.

I added a sunglasses holder to my MK2:
Sunglasses Compartment
Not the most elegant, but it gets the job done. If I had to do it again, I'd mount it in a slightly different place so I'd have room to install a Homelink garage door opener in the headliner also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you mean people actually use the sunglasses holder? huh.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did some research. If you have a sun roof you get the holder with map lights. If you don't you get two dome lights and either a console holder or just the microphone. Dome lights and map lights without a sunroof could of possibly been an option but I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can chime in who knows, or has both. I think just the mic looks tacky and would prefer the sunglasses console. Will probably just have to go to a wrecking yard.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I did some research. If you have a sun roof you get the holder with map lights. If you don't you get two dome lights and either a console holder or just the microphone. Dome lights and map lights without a sunroof could of possibly been an option but I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can chime in who knows, or has both.
'13 with SAP. No sunroof. Has glasses holder and the color palette thing for indoor lighting. A button on the palette turns on the dome light. No map lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts