Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
What kind do you want? The pop-up ones or the electric ones?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
From past experience, I can tell you if given the option I would recommend buying a car with the factory sunroof rather than an aftermarket. Too many horror stories about leaking, etc on the aftermarket. In many cases if you deal right the OEM sunroof won't be that much more than what you will pay for an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i have had the car since august and its a long story about getting the car......it wasnt on the two they had and i wanted my car, so if its not recomended i wont do it!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
That's what I was gonna say. Plus it would put a hole in your wallet. I have a sunroof in my car;)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im glad you do, at first i wanted one and then soon got over, now like all my family got new cars and they have them and they r cool, but its ok!

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I believe you will be happier waiting and getting a factory sunroof on your next car.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Take this advice...

Buy a car with a sunroof already installed.... aftermarket sun/moonroofs wreak HAVOC with the cars systems, and a llt of times, things have to be relocated.

Get one with a sun roof, or get one without. Just don't get one aftermarket.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My local dealer said they would install an electric one with 3 year warranty for $1200

·
Registered
793 Posts
use the oem, and the shop should be able to warrant it!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
catmomma said:
My local dealer said they would install an electric one with 3 year warranty for $1200
in my opinion that's a pretty good deal especially that the dealer is installing it + 3 year warranty

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah I think my moonroof was like an 800 dollar option (i think). I wasn't really going for it, it was just on the one focus they had I liked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
even with the warranty i wouldn't do it...with leaks and cracks n shit it could end up doing more damange to your car than the warranty'll cover

·
Registered
80 Posts
My father was a car dealer for many years. You can certainly have a factory style sunroof installed, dealers do it all the time, and it will look and function just like the factory option unit. $1200-1500. But the above advice about avoiding the "bolt-on" old fashioned accessory type sunroofs ($200-300) is absolutely right - nothing but trouble and besides they look tacky.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts