Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my sunroof,
When I press the close button ( for the sunroof) to get a little breezethrough, and I want to seel the sunroof when I park it for the night it will close then open and sometimes I have to repeat this 10x or more. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 04 zx3 did this. It sucks!!! Take it back to the dealer to get it fixed. When I took mine back they reset it in the track and it's been ok since. If I would close it b4 I came to a complete stop it would work like it should. If the car wasn't moving then it would just keep opening back up. It took 3 or 4 times for it to acctually stay closed. It drove me crazy!

·
Registered
291 Posts
mine does it sometimes but its not that bad

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
If you still have a warranty, use it.[:D]

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine has done this also

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Relearning function:
In case the moon roof does not close properly anymore, follow this relearning procedure.
• Tilt the moon roof into the vent position as far as possible. Release the switch.
• Press and hold the same switch again for 30 seconds until you see the moon roof move.
• Release the switch and immediately press and hold it again.
The moon roof will close, open fully and then close again.
Do not release the switch before the moon roof has reached the closed position for the second time.
Safety mode:
If the system detects a malfunction, it enters a safety mode.
The moon roof will move about 0.5 seconds at a time and then stop again.
Press the switch again and again until the moon roof is closed.
Have the system checked by your Ford Dealer immediately.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
[rofl] man I had this happen to me a few times now.

First time, I took it to the dealer cause I only had the car a few weeks. They reset it for free and i asked the service guy if there was a system of button pushes (as listed in the manual) to reset it...to which he replied

"Nope, you gotta bring it in"

Whatta bunch of @ssheads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts