Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going down to summit racing in a few hours, they are kind of expensive, but whats the next thing you guys think i should get, not to expensive just a little boost, i might get a throttle body spacer for 89.99 by motorvation, [thumb]

·
Registered
279 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! waste of money do a search get an underdrive pulley if you don't have one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone told me that throttle body spacer are sweet escpecially with an intake, they help out alot, why are they waste?
[?|]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooo and summit doesnt have a underdrive pulley for ford focus, so what else you got?? i might get the underdrive from focus sport.. and and another question is i got a aem intake and im afraid of hydrolockin my car, i have a bypass valve but just havent put it on yet or find the time, some people tell me get it on now!!! and some say, bull shit you its hard to do that!!! so i dont know wat to do?

·
Registered
184 Posts
well i'm new to the zetec but first off is the aem a short ram(near battery) or cold air(under driverside fender) if its a short ram i wouldn't buy the bypass valve cause if you get your car that far into water than i think you have more than just hydrolocking to worry about but if you have a cold air intake then i would buy one just because the filter has a better chance of getting into water.but hell just keep your car out of ponds and you won't need one, i live in ohio and have a cold air intake on my st focus and its the same location as the zetec filter would be and i don't have any problems with it

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
with the short ram intake u don't need the bypass valve. the long aem intake has a chance of hydrolocking and since u already have the bypass valve you'd be wasting it not to put it on. do you really wanna take a chance and have your motor seize on you??? i wouldn't. as far as the throttle body spacer goes, it is useless on our cars. when you have a car that introduces the fuel at the throttle body then you may get some increases in power, but on our cars all it will do is swirl the incoming air going into the manifold which is useless. put you rmoney into something better. look into a underdrive pulley as justin025 said. you will notice a difference after installing that and it will be roughly around the same price if not cheaper if you look where people on the forum sell.

MIKE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts