Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Eibach Prokit Springs!

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a choice between two new mods, what ever I buy now the next one will be what was not chosen. There are two pics to help with the decision.

Now, I have an idea of where the pole is gonna point but damned if i cant make up my mind.

Here is what I see, the car is pretty fast as is (I have lost only a few races and those were to cars way out of my league) but I am really dieing to get my hands on the Steeda intake. Not only for power but to make the engine bay a little more attractive to the passer buy when they want to see under my hood.

BUT

I want to get lower as well, now I will be buying the Eibach prokit springs and so far Eibach shows no future R&D for dampers. Now that leaves me with just springs until KYB AGX's for the 06 come out to play then I will be buying those.

So the springs will do wonders for the cars appearance and handling, and the intake will make me go faster and make the engine bay look a lot better.

So I am stuck.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See I am not worried about the speed in this car b/c so far when I have raced anyone its either a complete shutdown for them or I get my ass royally handed to me. I love taking the corners, in fact my friends say I am F-ed up b/c I m the only person they know who slow down on streights and speed up on corners. LOL The problem with that is the after I buy the springs, later down the road the shocks will have to be bought and have to be installed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Go for the springs! Love cornering and make you not to go faster but to get advantage of the opponent.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I would do springs because you shouldn't have to worry about the dampers on the car as Eibach told me when I bought mine that they are made to work with the stock dampers. I am sure they didn't know that the ST came exclusively with the SVT dampers and the other models came with normal ones. So I would say DROP IT!!!

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, so far this poll is going in the complete opposite direction I figured, I thought everyone would be saying springs. LOL

A new option opend up as far as power goes, I already have a SCT Flasher from my last car (I just forgot) and I can get that retuned to my car for about 100 so now its cheaper for the performance. if i can just find a place to order some springs so I can get an accurate price I would be set.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
I say intake, but CAI [thumb].

If you get the springs, get dampers too. Way better in the long run...lol

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trav-E2.0 said:
I say intake, but CAI [thumb].
CAI=[nono]

If I cant slap a BPV on it, its not happening. Alabama has some freak ass rain storms and while trying to get somewhere safely the last thing I need to think about is my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts