Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an 05 zx4 ses. Made a cai, and cut off silencer. i was wondering which route would be the way to go for more power. I saw the magnaflow exhaust and was wondering if that was a good product? ill take any suggestions for modifications for my car. i just dont know where to go from here. thanks.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I got Focus sport exhaust and love it. Althought it only has a 2.25 and doesn't offer the 2.5 dia. exhaust like most have on here. I was my first mod and was cacke to install my self.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I love my Trubendz exhaust. The only complaint is that the install is tough due to basically an improper bend in the muffler pipe and the tailpipe hanger being improperly placed causing it to rub on the bumper. Common problem too. I myself and several others had these exact problems with theirs. After much cursing though you can get that improperly bent piece over the rear subframe and then it fits fine. And the hanger you can just bend in a vice to make that work. After it is on though it sounds soooo nice. Love it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really like that focussport header too. 89 bucks its a steal. would everything i need come with that? any stock parts i would need to keep from old header?

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
I love my Trubendz exhaust. The only complaint is that the install is tough due to basically an improper bend in the muffler pipe and the tailpipe hanger being improperly placed causing it to rub on the bumper. Common problem too. I myself and several others had these exact problems with theirs. After much cursing though you can get that improperly bent piece over the rear subframe and then it fits fine. And the hanger you can just bend in a vice to make that work. After it is on though it sounds soooo nice. Love it.
TruBendz FTW. [thumb] Didn't have any issues with the bend in pipe. Just those two hangers were very minor issues.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i really like that focussport header too. 89 bucks its a steal. would everything i need come with that? any stock parts i would need to keep from old header?
89$ is just for the flexpipe, you'll also need to purchase that $400 part too [clap]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
^^^lol you are right. I remember around a year ago when I was PMing honhon wondering what a flex pipe even was. I have no room to talk... lol

·
1,999 Posts
ya me too I hate the "know it all" nazi's. but it would be goo to read the rite stuff on the site.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
89$ is just for the flexpipe, you'll also need to purchase that $400 part too [clap]
i wasnt being mean or anything, i just didnt want him to order a flexpipe, and then get it, have trouble installing it and if it did get installed, wonder why the car feals the same....

·
1,999 Posts
it's fine Rich thats what this sites all bout my man...I'm still a fofo rookie too compaired to most of the guy/girls on FF. n/p dude just keep asking questions even if you know there dumb ones...you could learn alot from this site. I still ask dumb questions but the MODs are here to awnser them for you....rite honhon.....lol

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
yeah you definately won't get your chops busted for what some people might call a "stupid" question. We are all here to learn.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's cool. should i continue f%#$ing around with these rinky bolt on's, or would it be best to go balls deep with a turbo? or should i build up the engine first, then go turbo?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Well even with FI you would need a good 2.5 exhaust kit. And even if you didn't go that route 2.5 is fine for NA as well. Depends on what you want outta your car.

And if you did you FI, personally I would build the bottom end first. The rods are fairly weak and yeah they can handle the Focussport stage 2 but for how long is my question. Personally I would just beef it up in there first just for my own peace of mind.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts