Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to start setting aside some money for a new clutch. This is my first manual car, so I'm not exactly sure what to look for in a clutch and flywheel. I want a clutch that will last longer than the stock and be a good price for what you get. I'm not looking to race with it, just a durable clutch for city driving. Any suggestions?

Also, would it be cheaper jsut to buy the parts myself and then take it to a shop?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...Also, I've been looking around and it seems like no one sells a clutch for a 2.3L. I've tried Autozone, Napa, and Kragen. They don't have any type of clutch for them. And NAPA tried telling me that there was no such thing as a 2.3L Focus. The guy tried to argue with me saying that there was only a 2.0 SPI and 2.0 Zetec. [confused]

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would go with a clutch kit from centerforce, they are amazing a lot more grippier than stock ones, should last a hell of a lot longer. Now if you also want to replace the flywheel go with a lightweight one. sorry not to go into detail because im half asleep and cant think. But it is definately cheaper to get the parts and then take it to a shop/

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot seem to find any Centerforce clutch for the 2.3L.

Any help?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Call Centerforce @ 928-771-8422. I spoke with a guy named Larry today and he was very helpful.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts