Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about going for a cold air intake, just wondering what else is out there for me to do? im looking for some more power and anything else haha

·
Registered
689 Posts
Lots of information for you in other threads.

BUT What is your budget? What are your goals?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
best check out the stickies

·
Registered
689 Posts
You pretty much have to work around what you can get away with with emissions laws.

I recommend:

Ported Throttle body for FREE!
SVT Snorkel NEW for $78.17
K&N Pannel Filter NEW for $32.45
2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust NEW for $330.

PLUS $52.64 estimated for shipping to San Diego.

That makes $493.26

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You pretty much have to work around what you can get away with with emissions laws.

I recommend:

That makes $493.26
woah, thanks! now do you think the SVT snorkel is better than a cold air intake? i've heard mixed reviews from all sorts of people...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
SVT snorkle will not fit a zetec box. you need the SVT airbox as well. and yes. it flows well. is it the best? might be. but you need side by side dyno's on the same car to confirm. a CAI will do you just fine. pick one up used or pic up the SVT airbox used.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just swapped my CAI out for an SVT intake and haven't noticed any change for better or worse. Take that for what you will.
mlb is right, the SVT snorkel won't go into the hole on the Zetec box, BUT you can MAKE it go together like this. You can remove the resonator while you are at it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
SCT/Diablosport by Tom is hands down the most WHP you can bolt on for the money. Start with a tune from Tom first, then add modifications as money permits. I would do a race header before exhaust as the race header is better bang for the buck. As mentioned the SVT Box/Snorkel is a great intake to purchase. If you want the bling bling, go with a SRI with 2.75-3.0" piping, never been a fan of CAI.... They show gains in the upper rpm but this is usually at a cost of low end power and torque.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I recommend:

That makes $493.26
thanks for doing the leg work, I'm doing a low budget build myself and you saved me a lot of time[woot]

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
All this wont add 4HP

The biggest gain you can do is the SVT header and a tune , you will net 15-20HP to the wheels
Header 150-200.00
Tune 419.00

This will net you the most bang for the buck , then watch for a used Exh sytem , TB , and go from there

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts