Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just got the wisdom teeth out, so Ive had a lot of time to browse the threads. Anyway I want to know which mod would be most efficient, HP wise. I was thinking of either getting a set of new cam gears or a shorty header. So far I have an AEM cold air and a Borla exhaust.

thanx

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Shorty header with ORP or highflow cat/race header...finish off the exhaust, it'll give you more power than the cam gears.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i agree with frogman...go ahead and finish off the exhaust. the cam gears will get more gains with an open exhaust later on anyways. i figure it is best to let the car breath (in & out) first, then start tweaking everything else.

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
The cam gears can gain you some power. But you must get them tuned on a dyno, so keep that in mind... I would finish your bolt-on Mods first. The get your cam gears tuned last, so you only need to tune once!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
^Agreed. Don't do cam gears/cams until to the end so you will only have to tune once.

I would say finish your exhaust first. Don't go with a shorty header unless you have emissions where you live then I would go with a SVT Header + RT high-flow cat. A shorty header looks nice under the hood but gains are very small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts