Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts for the best types of CAI's and bbest sounding exhausts?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Duratec TiVCT Performance section.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
What are your thoughts for the best types of CAI's and bbest sounding exhausts?
This is purely an opinion based question...

There is no real answer to that.

I'll say Steeda CAI (best sealed design) and FSwerks stealth...

But not everyone have the same taste [;)]

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the opinion. Any other thoughts?

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Magnaflow and Borla are very good sounding systems while keeping the sound volume to a minimum.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciating all the feedback

·
Registered
39 Posts
As it was said before this is definitely an opinion based question. Most intakes and catbacks will give you VERY similar increased HP. If your taste is loud, then i would say go with the FS Werks Race exhaust. If you want something toned down but growls at WOT then FS Werks stealth, magnaflow, borla, etc would be the way to go. Even a stock ST catback would open up the exhaust but keep the noise down. Intake is kind of a wash. All intakes will increase induction noise so this is pretty much personal preference. Which would you think looks best under your hood? The top brands (K&N, Steeda, FS Werks) will all give you comparative gains. I personally think the Steeda looks the best....and i own a K&N.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I run a KN intake. Loud but I love it. It is noisy on long hills on the highway and on acceleration but I enjoy that sound. If you want an intake with less noise look up the snorkel delete. Rebel Devil Customs as also created a true CAI.

For exhaust I run a full catback off an ST. It is quiet but a tad deeper. The tips I do not care for so I am swapping it our for a stock muffler from a Mazdaspeed. I want a quiet muffler. From what I gather the Borla is quiet if you leave the resonators in place. Rebel Devil also has 3 stages of exhaust. I am not a fan of the sound of the FSWerks and I have heard the drone over time.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you leave the stock resonators in do you still get the same hp gain. Or close to it?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also saw this and an wondering if anyone had it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes same here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hmmm might have to consider if this intakes makes more power over the roush
but first i have to get that handling kit installed before i think about intakes.lol

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Crap hold on

1 - 20 of 37 Posts