Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo about amonth ago i installed some fresh swade on my headliner

and now its sagging lower than grandmas titties

theres a place by me thats allways got their comercial running on spike during power hour im gunna give them a call

but does anyone have any sugenstion on glue? i used a fabric glue from a craft store all purpose permanent spray adhesive not permanent at all :(

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
lmao... use 3m super 77. used it on mine its been up for a while now.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
but does anyone have any sugenstion on glue?
Yup! But it takes some work. DAP 'weldwood' non-flamable contact cement. If possible, having an extra set of hands for a large piece such as a headliner is a big plus. Do you need me to run through how to do it?

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Super 77 does work if the material being bonded is foam-backed headliner material, but won't necessarily work for suede since it's heavier. Use 3M Trim Adhesive.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
cayse it works fine for my fleece. was on my friends for many years and is still on there holding up

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You can't spray it on the stock fabric of the headliner and expect it to hold long. Now if you pull the stock material off and then spray 77 it'll hold very well.
Least that's what I've found to work well.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
roll-on contact cement is much cheaper (like $5 for a quart which is overkill for this job), and will hold just as well (if not better). But you have to give it time to set-up before you install. Something I liked a lot (no hurry!).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I second Cayse on super 77 not holding up the suede... mine has a bit of sagging in the middle right now. Gonna use trim adhesive for round 2.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i used the super 77 and its holding up fine. mine is fleece, spayed it onto the headliner fabric and onto the fleece i used let it sit for about 1-3 minutes laid the fabric down on the headliner worked out the wrinkles and has been holding for about 5 months now. used super 77 the first time i did the headline. used a silk like fabic then. held up for 2 years then i pulled it of myself. some of it actualy ripped and stayed on. never had any issues with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts