soundstream XXX
Pioneer TS-5000spl
atomic APX and APXX
MTX 9500
JL W7s
upper line treo subs
Hifonics Goliath 3200

amoung many other

but if you want the best combo of SQ and SPL i would agree with FocusInCali about the brahma

solo X if you want SPL with no worries about SQ

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
pope said:
a question i have is if you were to get a sub and the amp would you need a different cd player ?
Not neccessarily, you could use the stock cd player and just run an LOC (line output converter). An LOC taps into the existing speaker wires behind the headunit (hu) and provides a set of the rca outputs to send a low level signal to the amp's input. The only thing to look for on the amp then is to make sure it has a low-pass filter to cut off the high frequency's that you don't want the sub to be playing...this is because the hu speaker outputs send out a full range signal to the speakers and when using an LOC, the hu will also send the full range signal to the amp.

Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
wow hey thanks alot that question was going through my mind all day haha i'll be sure to look for that when i go shopping for the amp. Thanks[:D]

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Not a problem at all, I'm glad I could help. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions about most audio stuff [thumb].

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts