Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just finished installing my old subwoofers into the new Focus, and noticed that I have a slight issue... Both of the subwoofers look like they are in phase, but the one of the right hand side is moving a lot more than the other.

I have 2 Crossfire 15 inch BMF subwoofers hooked up to a Crossfire 1400d mono amp.

Both subs are set at 1 ohm and hooked straight up to the amp. The amp has left and right outputs, and the subs are hooked up to their respective output.

The only thing that I noticed is that the speaker wire giong from the left sub to the box terminal is larger than the right sub. However, both terminals to the amp are using the same wire size, so I figured that'd throttle the power output to the left sub even though it has that larger cable.... Was I wrong to assume this?

Sorry for the novel of a post, I'm not good at packing things into nutshells! [xx(]

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
the larger wire could allow for the power to travel better but i doubt thats the issue. i had a set of t1 10s running off a 500.1 bd that did the same never found a solution. some subs do move a little more then the other one, maybe the one moving more is wearing down faster.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Pull the subs and make sure that the are indeed wired at 1 Ohm. If they are, disconnect the wiring(again)and test each of the coils resistance(in ohms of course). My guess is that one of coils is not functioning properly ie; just bad. Is there an age difference between the subs like the other poster was implying?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there an age difference between the subs like the other poster was implying?
Both subs are the same age and both have always been hooked up together. I'm just going to pull them, rewire the inside, and then set them back down to 4 ohm while I'm at it.

Thanks for the input; I'll let you know how it ends up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That basically sums it up. These subs have a switch to allow for easily switching between 1 ohm and 4 ohm wiring... Let's just say one was not the same as the other. I'm just glad both subs and amp made it out alive.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Had to add my 2 cents...lol. Unrelated to topic...just a counter act of above pic.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
^lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts