Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i curently hooked up a rockford fosgate amp 500x punch series... yeah kinda old but oh and i hooked it up to two polk GNX seiries to the amp .I used the converterfor the stock system but i was wondering if the stock cd changer compaird to another head unit made any differance or If i upgrade any suggestions... wana keep it under 300$ and for Subs i dont know if i wana go w/ 12'' or 10'' but any suggestions with that too...i know i will need a new amp put not sure where to go ...so basicly im asking what should i do keep every thing i have or just sell all of my old equpiment and get newer stuff???
thanks[???:)]
Darren

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am still confused, but i think you are asking for sub recomendations. How many watts(RMS) is the amp you are using putting out?

·
Registered
68 Posts
How much money do you have to spend for a sub, amp, and wiring. I assume you already replaced the factory speakers.

P.S. try and not post right after you got high

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
well changing out the factory head unit helps sound quality signifigantly. i personally try to stay away from RF subs, unless they are hx2. but ive blown or just broken more than a handful of RF subs. im not a big fan of pioneer or sony subs either. my favorite subs are jl audio and infinity perfects.

mtx class D amps are great, best quality out of about 7 amps ive had im day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i want to spend about 400 max on subs so thats like 2 OK 10s from JL right?? and on an amp i think a decint pice would also be about 400 am i corect[???:)]

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
400 for an amp? that's plenty, trust me. for subs jl are very good but pricey, heard alot of good things about infinity perfects for sound quality, and i've got to mention elemental designs of course ( www.edesignaudio.com ). they are really good quality for the money. if your going for a multi sub setup check out the 12o's for something pretty loud and the k series if your looking for sound quality. you could get 2 12o's for about $410 shipped. an amp for them can be had for about $250-$300. check out the jbl bp1200.1, alot of people wire their subs for a 1 ohm load so the amp puts out over 1200 watts (over 600 watts to each sub, just make sure to get dvc subs for this setup), ceck ebay for that amp, check hifonics, specificaly the brutus series, at www.sounddomain.com , www.ikesound.com , www.thezeb.com , and ebay. also look at tsunami amps at http://avionixxusa.com/ep/products.htm , i've heard many good things about them but i haven't owned one before. for the money i'd say get a new hu (pioneer is my recomendation), a single dvc sub (12A or even a 15A from elemental designs for loudness), a good amp. those parts of the setup would add to about $750 shipped. and then you need to get wiring (check out http://knukonceptz.com/ for good eals on wriing kits), a strongly braced box (built for the sub to sub's specs and recomendations), wiring harness, installation kit, antenna adapter, and any other small things you'll need and your total comes to about 830 (give or take some) shipped and final. hope that helps. good luck.

- Scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[:D] Nice Have you evere herd of www.crutchfield.com my friend recomended that or are the better deals what you have posted? i havent really done any research but i need to start so i think that this post was useful thanks

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts