Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 audio diesel 12' but have only had one put in a single ported box for like 3 months. and i have had the other one brand new still sitting in the box never used. Well right now i just tried bridging it and put it in another sealed box and put the brand new 12' in my ported box and the used one in a sealed box but they dont seem to be hitting? i thought it would be probally cause im trying to run them both of a 500 watt amp so its taking to much juice. so i took the sealed box out but the new sub in the ported doesnt seem to be hitting good.

could it be cause i put a new sub in that it wont be hitting as hard as the old one? like the old sub in the ported hit hella good. but now the brand new sub isnt hitting as hard as the old sub in ported?

HELLP!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Isnt there something if you dont wire them both up the same way or if they are different distances apart from you the resonant frequencies distort each other - i might be talking bollox here :p

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I was being a smart @ss. It's 12" (inch) not 12' (foot)

lol sorry man just givin ya crap

It sounds like you might have tried to pull too much power from your amp. Maybe you damaged it....IDK

·
Registered
854 Posts
well he is working with a hatchback, i have two twelves in my 09 sedan. what type of amp are you using? is the sub not hitting at all or is it just very very low? also are you using rcas or are you tied into the speakers with a high pass filter if your amp has it. if so are both the left and right lines connected? have you tried to crossover on the opposite channel? have you tried to run without being crossed over? are your subs dual voice coil?are both coils hooked up? did you change any settings on your deck or amp such as lpf, hpf, or loud features. there are many things that could be causing this problem. all the way from your amp and sub to the deck. so just a couple things to recheck. 500 hundred watts isnt going to push 2 subs the highest they can go but it should push them enough to hit decently. only thing is your amp may shut off if volume is to loud to keep from overloading. let me know once you check these things and if you dont find the problem i can give you some more ideas.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Na but my deck did turn off then turn back on . And yea i will have to look at the deck. I might only have it set to the right rear

·
Registered
854 Posts
yea check that stuff out for sure and double check everything even if its the simplest. the most frustrating problems are usually corrected by the simplest fixes

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If not you might have popped a fuse or blown your amp. I learned that the hard way too. I blew my brand new $1000 JLAudio D Mono 1000w amp like a week after I bought it. The bad thing is I had the correct fuse in and the amp still blew when I was hooking up the sub. It's all good though JL Audio fixed it for free and lesson learned.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why would i have to disconnect the negative ha?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If not you might have popped a fuse or blown your amp. I learned that the hard way too. I blew my brand new $1000 JLAudio D Mono 1000w amp like a week after I bought it. The bad thing is I had the correct fuse in and the amp still blew when I was hooking up the sub. It's all good though JL Audio fixed it for free and lesson learned.

howd u learn it the hard way if u got it fixed all for free? ha

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
o stop power flow. I always disconnect both just incase. he neg first then the pos. Then when I put them back on it's the pos first then the neg.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
howd u learn it the hard way if u got it fixed all for free? ha
Cause I had a $5000 system in my eclipse and w/o my sub hitting the drive I had to make from Ft. Riley, KS to Dallas sucked balls.

I was unplugging my spkr wires to make room for my bags when I hear "zzzztt POP" Then smoke. I was pissed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cause I had a $5000 system in my eclipse and w/o my sub hitting the drive I had to make from Ft. Riley, KS to Dallas sucked balls.

I was unplugging my spkr wires to make room for my bags when I hear "zzzztt POP" Then smoke. I was pissed.

oh lol =P

·
Registered
854 Posts
i always just take the inline fuse out before i do anything to it. easiest way to make nothing shorts out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts