Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do people mount their sub in the trunk, Like on the side, i really need to know. Car show next friday.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They build a fiberglass box. not purchase make. The best thing you can do for your car is make something your self. If you buy a part then go to a car show, its pure crap because you are just buying a trophey. I personally would rather see that very box looking like shit with a poor shape and bad carpeting if the owner did it himself.

Dont get mad or take offense, this is just my opinion which is just like an [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. Im just tired of all these people wanting to know how to get this or that. Just make your own and do your best.
With love always

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
they do make the sub box for a focus, it comes with the 8" sub from the factory. you may be able to find one for sale here on ff.com. they were an option on the svt, not sure on any other models though.

and this probably would have gotten better responses in the car audio forum

·
Registered
191 Posts
I did mine like this: Upgraded the stock audiophile system's 8" to a 10" Polk/Momo and MTX amp.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its really not that hard to make a enclosure that fits the side of your focus trunk. First make a mold of the space and then have fun with the fiberglass lol. You can use a 1/2 or 3/4 mdf board for the ring to mount the sub to. I'm hopin by the end of the summer to make two for my focus sedan. I will keep you guyz updated and post pics when im done.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i am going to try that on mine too....the wood is....i believe??????...particle board?....correct me if i am mistaken.....i have never done it b4 but i am sure it will look a lot better than that big ol box for my current subs....i have been inspired![|)]

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
most places that sell lumber should have it, you may have to order it though. doesn't really feel like wood, more like a thick piece of cardboard.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Here is a pic of mine... I wanna go to a 10" JL audio sub and amp but don't know which ones to go with.

I don't mean to Hi- jack your thread but how do you think I should go about getting a bigger sub and amp?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want an enclosure like that, Anyone wanna sell. or trade for a rockford PUNCH 3 with a box?????

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I would trade but I LOVE how my cars sub is in with the trunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts