Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sub just went to shit. I took it apart and the foam around the edge has a cut in it. I am going to have to replace it. I was really happy with the way it sounded, I'm not huge on the car audio so I am pretty easily satisfied. Does anyone have any good recomendations. I am looking to keep from spending a lot of money. Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
A rip in the surround you say? No need to buy a new subwoofer! Take some clear nail polish and put a light coating on both sides of the rip. Let it dry, and good as new! Yes, I'm serious, and yes, this works.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a spare SVT sub (the standard factory fitted 8 inch) if you want it? I'll take it to work and weigh it and let you know what it weighs. Then, if you're willing to pay for the shipping (which you or I can work out, by dimensions and weight), it's all yours!

Cheers, Shane

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, PM me and let me know.

I wish I would have known the nail polish trick. I put epoxy on it last night night as a short term fix. I don't think it'll last.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'll take it in tomorrow (to work), and give you an idea of the cost. I'll try Fedex, UPS, and the USPS as methods, and see what prices for shipping it would be. I'll also try DHL, which are expensive normally, but we use them at work, and I might be able to ship it through Xerox (they allow us to piggy back of the shipping department, but we still have to personally pay, at the corporate rate!)

I'll PM you tomorrow and see if it's cheap enough for you to take the driver.

What urgency is there, as I'll presumably not be using the quickest method....maybe 5 day delivery?

Cheers, Shane

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'll take it in tomorrow (to work), and give you an idea of the cost. I'll try Fedex, UPS, and the USPS as methods, and see what prices for shipping it would be. I'll also try DHL, which are expensive normally, but we use them at work, and I might be able to ship it through Xerox (they allow us to piggy back of the shipping department, but we still have to personally pay, at the corporate rate!)

I'll PM you tomorrow and see if it's cheap enough for you to take the driver.

What urgency is there, as I'll presumably not be using the quickest method....maybe 5 day delivery?

Cheers, Shane

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No urgency. I am suprised the epoxy I put on it is holding up!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've pulled the sub out of the enclosure (a spare one I have), and I'll see if I can get it weighed today.....post office or similar. If not, I'll keep it in the car, and have it available at work, to do the same. Sorry, as I forgot to do that Friday!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problem. USPS is probably the cheapest way to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.