Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SUPER FAST
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10in sony xplode and a 300watt mono amp in my focus. Now sometimes the sub will just cut out. The only way I can get it to come back on is removing the fuse in either the power or the amp itself. It sort of resets itself comes back on and then will just cut out again. Whats my problem????

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I bet the amp is super hot when you pull the fuse right? My guess is you are overworking the amp and it's shutting itself off....to avoid blowing it. May need to get a bigger amp.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
whats are your RMS Wattage? Wiring setup? whats the area around you ground terminal look like (is it painted?) Do you have a fuse holder after the battery? does the fuse match the number as the fuses in the amp?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Could be as others said. Sub could be wired wrong. Bad ground. Bad amp possibly. Gains set too high. Lots of things could be wrong here...

·
SUPER FAST
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i leaning toward whats said about the fuse possibility because ever since the fuse originally blew ive been having this probem. the system is wired correctly as it was working for over a year prior to this and the only thing that i changed was the fuse in the amp and in the power line to th amp. Im gonna check out what it says on the amp and get back to yall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts