1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
135 Posts
you should look for something with a little more power that looks to cheap to me

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
while i would not expect a lot of performance out of something like that i will say for 80 bucks its almost hard to not buy it. way i look at it if its completely bonk equipment you are only out 80 bucks...if you were to bring it to a best buy they would most likely charge you 100-130 bucks to install it. prolly would have you upgrade the wiring though since it does look chincy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please don't do it. Check your local craigslist or something. Find some cheap Kenwood sub or Sony X-plods. Just don't buy that. You would be better off finding a little powered Bazooka tube or something. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would say no also. I just bought a whole set from Walmart the other day and it was only $150... I would say keep looking. Personally i do not buy from Ebay too many bad experiences and above all it takes an act of congress to get your money back..

·
Registered
259 Posts
typically people like to spend more in product than in install when it comes to audio. weather your looking for a small system or a large system, both should have something in common, quality. what your looking at buying, quality doesnt exist period. your system can be only as good as the weakest component involved in your system. what you have to realize is that you cant even buy a good pair of 6 1/2 speakers for $80.00 save up some money and if your still interested in buying a system off of ebay, look into the mtx thunderform that includes an mtx subwoofer made specifically for the zx3. it sits on the drivers side of the vehicle and it sells for $240.00 shipped, mtx sells that box for $500.00 than look for a quality 2channel amp, if looking on ebay you could spend probably $150.00 for a good amp for that box. if your going to have it professionally installed, get the amp kit through the install bay. you would be suprised as to how a shity install kit could really affect the systems performance and also harm a vehicle. but as far as product that i just discussed off of ebay, you'd be looking at $400 with a relatively nice basic system (should be problem free,) and give you a nice custom look. now you'd be spending about 5 times as much as the stuff you were originally looking at but your going to get probably 10 times the system. not necessarily louder but much better in terms of performance, quality, and looks! also ive been installing for more than 5 years professionally, and i am the shop forman. i hope i helped!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^whats the instal bay

thanks everyone didnt want ot waste my money on crap so it looks like i will be saving for a couple of months

1 - 10 of 10 Posts