Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, finally got it done:
Sony Xplod CDX-GT30 HU, 2006 (NEW) Kicker Comp VR 8" SUB, and a 100W Kicker Amp. [thumb]......all in the name of the iPod.....[:)]

BEFORE:

(I Know, the 9006 was good to me, but I felt limited with no AUX inputs.......

AFTER:

Amp under seat:

took about 3 hours, from drive in to drive out......they had to cut the stock subs rear mount out and make a hole for the Kicker. they sealed it up with some Dynomat, and it sounds GREAT!....just what I wanted.....now my iPod is happy in my car [thumb]....I am using the front AUX right now, but Soon I will switch over to the rear CD changer and snake the wire to the the iPod.....[thumb]

Maybe down the road some Pioneer direct fit 6x8's, but I am good for now.....

whatcha think?

$367 installed....I financed so I could work on building credit [thumb]

NO, I will not be selling the stock 9006.....everything stays with my car and me. [:)]......

·
Registered
130 Posts
The individual pieces look good, but try taking some wider pictures so we can see waht the entire setup looks like.

Cheers.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do that....the cord is off-white from the iPod to the HU, so it looks gay...I am gonna get a black one...this one is just so I can use the iPod for now [thumb]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are some more shots:

stock Audiophile box with Kicker in it:

sub in box close:

Kicker AMP: (looking from rear of seat)

Now I am gonna enjoy my setup some more.....I'll check back later....[thumb]

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm glad you are enjoying the new setup.

But I'm sorry, you paid a shop to "professionally" install the setup and they ran the sub wire under the sub mount itself. That's so wrong!! Simply makes me mad to see installers make stupid mistakes like that.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where do you suggest it be ran?.....sounds fine to me.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
^ not probably.... definitley. Air can get through the SLIGHTEST crack.... i mean it IS air....

You prolly wont notice a difference if you take slayers advice about the terminal, but it will be air tight, and mite clear up the SQ a little bit. I doubt it was a mistake. They prolly did it just to save time not caring how it would effect the outcome.

Oh well, if your happy, then just dont worry about it....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow, yeah didn't even see the speaker wire being ran under the sub. That can damage the subwoofer. Drill a hole the same size as the speaker wire, then silicone the hell out of it to make sure it is air tight. I never use speaker terminals, they usually leak air as well. Just drill the hole then use plenty of silicone to seal the hole. I can't tell if that subwoofer has a rubber or foam surround. If it is foa, then remove the sub until the silicone is fully dried. If it is rubber, then don't worry about it,

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey, I just checked the wires location on the box. the wires run down a slight indent "channel" on the stock Ford box.....I guess they saw that it would be possible to snake the wires down the channel and not leak air.....I didn't feel any ait coming out, and the sub is flush with the box. I will; take a closer pict of the wires' location. From the above shot, it does look like the wires are pinched in between the box and the sub, but they are not [thumb]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
looks good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts