Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Focus that started stuttering on a gas fillup on me on a trip I was taking.I thought nothing of it as I blamed it on "Bad Gas".Well a couple months down the road and it started stalling out on me and loosing power going up a hill or trying to pass someone.I had everything changed on my car as the ford dealership thought was causing it. Spark plugs...no,Tranny flush....no,EGR valve...no,the sensor that is connected to the EGR valve( I forget its name its mounted on the firewall) still no change. Well the fuel filter didnt do anything after changing that either so that leaves one thing and seamingly the most expensive to change...the fuel filter.I hummed and hawed over the price of getting this repaired(close to $350.00).Well me and my wife were cleaning out the car when I came across a little recall for the fuel pump on 2001 ford fucus cars hmmmmmm funny the dealership didnt pick this up cause the recall stated exactly what was happeneing to my car.Well I went to the dealership with this recall and they stated that it was in their system but they didnt think it was the issue?? Well anywho I got the fuel pump replaced and wouldnt you know, no problems again imagine that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts