Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do ineed to remove the stock back ground, or do the speed hut gauges just lay over the top of the old gauges. Thanks.[???:)]

·
Registered
650 Posts
I might be wrong but I talked to someone about installing my guages this morning, supposily they just fit right over it, you should be able to lay it over and if it looks good then out them in place.. know what i mean?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
You're right, they just lay over your OEM's nothing to remove.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
How you would get the gauge face on if you don't remove the needles? Unless we are talking about something entirely different you have to take the needles off to put the gauge face on. There are instructions on how to, you need to make sure it's done correctly so your gauge needles register correctly.

When I said nothing to remove I meant the OEM gauge face itself

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can get them on without removing the needles, just gotta be patient. Which was really hard for me.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Didn't think it could be done............hmmmmmmmmm.

I removed mine with great care and instruction. Had no problem getting them back on
and where they needed to be.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, I believe the Speed Hut gauges have 3M adhesive that attaches them to the OEM gauge face which will require removing the needles.

But, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with the SVT (green) oil temp/pres guages, keep them or get 2" speedhut guages w/pod to match the main guage?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
thats alot of money to recalibrate..

you shouldnt have to.. make sure you have a full tank of gas.. and pull everything off where the stopper is. you shouldnt have a problem

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
if u take the needles off u have no choice but to recalibrate them IMO

u can slip the layover on over the needles. they have a lil give and u can pull them up slightly. just be patient like everyone says!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
if u take the needles off u have no choice but to recalibrate them IMO

u can slip the layover on over the needles. they have a lil give and u can pull them up slightly. just be patient like everyone says!

how do you recalibrate?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
You need to take it to a shop who has the right equipment to recalibrate.

·
Registered
847 Posts
There was absolutely no way my speedhuts were sliding over my needles, the PZEV guage is a bit different, we have no stops and the needle base is a little bigger with a tab sticking out of them.

Anyway, I had to use the odometer test mode to make sure I was right, and actually left the speedometer 3mph fast, CHP is brutal in my area and I thought it would help out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts