Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
or stupid me?

I just cracked my front bumper cover on the passenger side, I was trying to get on the driveway at work and there was some snow accumulated (or so I thougt) I knew it was kind of high and was going to rub on the bumper but the damn snow was ice and it cracked it[?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

now where can I get a whole SVT OEM bumper cover other than the dealer? I searched ebay and there are none SVT bumper covers.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Damn dude. I did a similair thing a few years ago pullling out the driveway in my mom's car. Front bumper clipped the snow and I got stuck. Gave it more gas and pulled part of the front bumper off. There was a fire hydrant under the snow that was caught of the side of my bumper. Its' like -30 today with the wind by my house.

Might have to hit up a junkyard other than the dealer.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Hit up the junkyard or maybe one will pop up on here. This ice is killing me in Chi. I don;t even want to go outside -30 FTL

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ya i just got my front bumper hit and the person ran. Look it up on google and i know there were a few that didnt include the fog lights and all that stuff like it does from cfm. And its cheaper. Otherwise CFM carries them and thats about it. or everyone else has the same thing. Runs like 399 or something like that and you still have to get it painted.

My friend is a body guy and is going to do it for me and get a discount on it so it will be like 200 and he is just going to charge me to paint it. Hell 4 hours worth of labor to pay for instead of the dealer charging like 600 is great!!!

BTW its -4 without the windchill today and with it its -30! Im just southeast of chi too!

·
Registered
459 Posts
ABP

Auto Body Panels.

Google it. Make friends with someone that is tax exempt (body shop manager, etc.) Pay him $15 and I bet you can pick one up for under $90 all said and done. Won't be OEM, but it will fit just the same. I picked up a non SVT front bumper for my car for around $50, and had it painted for $50. VERY good deal considering my paint has pearl, and more than 5 variations...

·
Registered
385 Posts
ya the none svt bumper is a lot cheaper. it was running like 150 or something. thats how my buddy is getting one. he is a body guy and gets the discount. he isnt going to mark mine up at all!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Insurance fraud is a NONO[nono]

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Werd to that. No sense in taking the cheap FRAUDULENT route and make everyone else pay for damages. Plus the police aren't stupid and could tell right away that there wasn't a second car involved.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
or stupid me?

I just cracked my front bumper cover on the passenger side, I was trying to get on the driveway at work and there was some snow accumulated (or so I thougt) I knew it was kind of high and was going to rub on the bumper but the damn snow was ice and it cracked it[?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

now where can I get a whole SVT OEM bumper cover other than the dealer? I searched ebay and there are none SVT bumper covers.

PM Yocrew, he still might have his for sale.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
ahah sorry people i guess we arn't allowed to talk about scamming the insurance... sorry for my post!

·
Registered
385 Posts
so is Ford Racing a part of ford? like the website http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp Would those parts directly bolt on for like a bumper or whatnot?
my body guy was sayin how its like 420 bucks for him to buy it from ford and i told him about that and he said they never delt with them and doesnt think that its part of actual Ford.
He thinks its like a nockoff or something. He said Ford didnt release the copyright on the bumper/body parts or something.

Anyone delt with ford racing before for body parts?
Did it bolt right up? no screwing around for hours trying to make it fit?

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can get it from towsley ford.. complete bumper ( bumper, gilll fogs ect..) assembly was like $400 shipped..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts