Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving the other day I was running my hand over the inside door seal and noticed a bump. When I got home I pulled the seal off and noticed that there was a slight bump on the edge where it seems there is a point where some body construction meets that had a bit of a bump that was pushing the seal down a bit in that spot.

Would I was wondering if someone could take a snapshot of that spot and post it please. Trying to figure out if it is normal.(The top of the inner door seal near the top back corner of the driver door)

I am worried that is what is causing some wind noise and that it may cut into the seal. I will try to post a pick tomorrow.

It's smooth and painted so it looks like it came from the factory that way. Passenger door does not have it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are the pics. The little bump on the right side of the second pic causes the bump in the weather seal.

Sorry for the somewhat crappy pics, no shade where I am now and I cant seen my phone screen.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Curiosity got the best of me - I just went out and checked my 2103 SE hatchback, and I have the same bump.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Curiosity got the best of me - I just went out and checked my 2103 SE hatchback, and I have the same bump.
Thanks. Yeah I just thought it was odd. You'd figure they'd want that spot on the body smooth so you'd think they'd grind it down or something. I am just still in the hyper vigilant stage of buying a new car and find every single flaw.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I just thought it was odd. You'd figure they'd want that spot on the body smooth so you'd think they'd grind it down or something. I am just still in the hyper vigilant stage of buying a new car and find every single flaw.
It's not a flaw, it's a feature.....

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Then I will make you even more hypervigilant. Check your rear doors. I bet the door protrudes out slightly at the back edge and is not smooth with the body. It was explained to me that was done on purpose for aerodynamics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts