Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is going to sound really stupid, but does anyone know the secret to getting the damn grill level? I took it out when I was repainting it and the headlights (and to remove a spider), but when I reinstalled it, I can't seem to get it level. All the tabs are where they're supposed to be, but when I close the hood, I can tell it's about a half inch higher on one side than the other. Is there something I'm missing???

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
hmm, idk if there is any trick to it, if everything is lined up and screwed back in right, i'd think it'd be right. have you tried pulling it out and trying again to adjust it a little?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, idk if there is any trick to it, if everything is lined up and screwed back in right, i'd think it'd be right. have you tried pulling it out and trying again to adjust it a little?
I've tried three times now. I figured I just missed something the first time, but the next two times I made sure to do everything the same on both sides, and it keeps ending up tilted. It's so incredibly stupid, but really annoying.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
well I'd say if it's really low on one side, just compensate on the other with a couple washers under the screw (bolt, whatever) so it would push it upward.... I installed a grille with about half the tabs broken, and I don't have any problem with it being loose or anything. it's an 00-04 model, but still, I'm saying not having it completely tight because of a few washers stacked up under it is not gonna compromise the grille and make it fall off.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I'd say if it's really low on one side, just compensate on the other with a couple washers under the screw (bolt, whatever) so it would push it upward.... I installed a grille with about half the tabs broken, and I don't have any problem with it being loose or anything. it's an 00-04 model, but still, I'm saying not having it completely tight because of a few washers stacked up under it is not gonna compromise the grille and make it fall off.....
I think you're on the right track. I'll give your idea a shot tomorrow.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I think you're on the right track. I'll give your idea a shot tomorrow.
alright, I'll watch this thread, lemme know if it works, cause I've never tried it. I do love improvising though: hehe I had about 5 minutes to swap grilles before catching a movie, and someone jacked my ratchet and extension, so I took a bit, a nice small combo wrench into the square part of the bit, and put an allen wrench in the box end of it and turned it... (well, just for the back, lower ones, man those were a pain, dunno if it was the same with you)

sorry, just thought I'd share [hihi]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts