Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I figured out the rough running while cold.

The PCV hose is collapsed next to the intake manifold.

BUT HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET THE CRIMPED CLAMP OFF THAT HOLDS IT TO THE INTAKE MANIFOLD???

What idiot designed that?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's not a crimped clamp, but a weird snap-on clamp.

To remove it you need a tweeker screwdriver (the small-headed screwdriver PC Geeks keep in their front shirt pocket)

Pry under the bump on the clamp that's painted (yellow in my case) and it pops apart..........

[grinking]

·
Registered
183 Posts
What I did it just grab some mechanic plyers give it a good squeeze and it will pop off.. Then to put it on it a Bit###@ so I just bought a normal ring clamp to go around it..

·
Registered
122 Posts
on the 2001 all you have to do is take normal pliers and squeeze the two ends that are sticking out together and the whole hose will pop off or you can take a screw driver and hold on end down and push the other in with the screw driver but when i put mine back on i used an ajustable clamp its easier

·
Registered
289 Posts
is this a dealer item only? b/c i need one as well

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
The hose itself I'm not sure.

I believe I got my replacement hose from Advanced....but that was like 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Already replaced, but thanks.

I've only managed to find it at the dealer. The hose ends are 2 different diameters which make replacing it with normal vacuum hose off a reel difficult......

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Haha! I figured that out the hard way also, but i traded in the car before i got around to fixing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts