Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i cut of the lunchbox and went to the muffler man and they wanted $100 just to weld on a pipe going out the back! i said [:)][:)][:)][:)] that and left...i know that they were just messing with me because they think that I'm just a kid who knows nothing about cars...it just pisses me off[rant] [mad] ..so i guess that i have to have my grandpa try to do it...stupid muffler man.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
naw... i don't think so. I know when i went to ahve a exhaust put on they wanted 100 bucks at a monroe. i was like F that i'll do it myself. It's simple. Where did you cut? Do you have room to clamp on a muffler?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cut it right after the rear suspension...i don't want a muffler i just want i pipe leading out the back.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Things are getting expensive for trade work. I think that was probably a fair price if it included the pipe. You're paying a person that has a skill you don't. And he worked hard to perfect it. For my work I range anywhere from $75 to $125 an hour depending on the work we do.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just expecting less and when he said that it caught me off guard.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Things are getting expensive for trade work. I think that was probably a fair price if it included the pipe. You're paying a person that has a skill you don't. And he worked hard to perfect it. For my work I range anywhere from $75 to $125 an hour depending on the work we do.

Fair? no. Common price these days? Yes. Probably wont find a better price.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
so i cut of the lunchbox and went to the muffler man and they wanted $100 just to weld on a pipe going out the back! i said [:)][:)][:)][:)] that and left...i know that they were just messing with me because they think that I'm just a kid who knows nothing about cars...it just pisses me off[rant] [mad] ..so i guess that i have to have my grandpa try to do it...stupid muffler man.
Dude, with my old Flowmaster setup, I went back to the shop that installed it and asked them to delete the center resonator. They only charged me the $40 for the labor.

·
Registered
800 Posts
my muffler shop charges 30 bucks to replace any muffler or cat witht a piece of pipe and u pay extra for the tip you want.....well not my muffler shop but the one iv been going to for years and taking all my friends to, if you want to come down to tennessee i can get you a complete setup for about 275 out the door

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Damn. $100? I had mine cut off and had another tube put in place for $40.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Dude I had Full 2.5 Inch Stainless ran from the flex back, mandrel bent, fully welded for a total of $150 and that included the $50 tip. They're trying to screw ya.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Find the most redneck exhaust shop you can find.
They usually are damn good at what they do, and they are cheap.
Back when I did the resonator delete they did it for only $20.
Then when I got my borla catback, they installed the whole thing for only $35.
Check with multiple shops before complaining about prices.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i was only charged 50 for a pipe to go from the back of the focus sport muffler and bent to the side in front of the rear tire (side exit) and that included the pipe,2 bolt flang, hanger, and labor. out the door only 50.

just go to autozone and get a pipe and one of those "U" bolt clamps.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i might check out this shop that i just saw the other day so i might stop in there next weekend to see how much it will be...i think my dad has had work done there before on the old shadow.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
i did the exact same thing -- but I had the muffler shop do all the work. They charged me $100 for the work but in included cutting off the resonator and putting a nice binded pipe on for me

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
it dosent take alot of time nor materials to do what he wants..WAY overpriced IMO... I had a 2.5" exhaust put on my car from the flexback and it was 140 LOL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts