Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out over the last couple days of rain I have a leaky seal. It looks like crap too. It had a little over tablespon of standing water in it, I rolled the water around all the seams and couldn't find a leak. So I drained the water the best I could.

After about an hour off and on with my wifes blow dryer I got all the moisture out of it. Besides some water spot on the inside it looks like new again. (which I can over look)

I covered all the seams in sealant eproxy to hopefully seal the leak.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It could be coming in through the bulb hole.

·
Registered
380 Posts
you should let it fill up all the way.....

add some mutli colored pebbles
maybe a diver guy or the treasure chest that opens with air bubbles...

and lastly, a few goldfish

just saying.......

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Fill it up all the way and watch where it comes out

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Maybe some new lights are on order next time. Some Machs maybe.....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
It's a good question but it's just showcasing the problem.... so I say it stays.

that SUCKS though. those little water spots would bug the hell out of me. Then again I forgot that one of mine need to be sealed too as it fogs up after a car wash.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like you got it sealed up tight. hopefully it stays that way, headlight moisture is a b[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]h
So far it been back on the car for 11 to 12 hours to and from work and no more moisture fog.

Maybe some new lights are on order next time. Some Machs maybe.....
actually these are new got'em in early march first time i've had any issues. But black machs will come later.

am i the only one wondering why this is in the showroom..

water in the headlights suck.
Figured members post up their build threads here so why not. I figured other members would like to see i fixed the issue without needing to crack open the caseing.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a good question but it's just showcasing the problem.... so I say it stays.

that SUCKS though. those little water spots would bug the hell out of me. Then again I forgot that one of mine need to be sealed too as it fogs up after a car wash.
Ya I thought they would bother me too but you can't see'em unless your on top of'em cleaning'em or what not and at night with the lights on you can't see'em at all.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
true that's good.

at least it's not a leaky roof which is what I thought this would be about before I looked at it. take that tablespoon and make it an inch or two of standing water in the footwell and you'll get my problem. :p

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
true that's good.

at least it's not a leaky roof which is what I thought this would be about before I looked at it. take that tablespoon and make it an inch or two of standing water in the footwell and you'll get my problem. :p
Damn that sucks, I'd love to have a sunroof though!! lol

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
nope at the back where the sharkfin is covering a hole where a CB used to be. and I haven't seen it all summer and it's rained a ton this year. I'm scared.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
just cover your car in plastic mike and roll around in a portable hot tub

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
you should let it fill up all the way.....

add some mutli colored pebbles
maybe a diver guy or the treasure chest that opens with air bubbles...

and lastly, a few goldfish

just saying.......
I laughed pretty hard at this [hihi]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts