Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got into a wreck on christmas day =( I don't have any pictures b/c i have a failboat camera and everything.

I was coming off beltway 8 to 288 feeder and was going to go south, sitting in the left turn yield lane when this guy in a cherokee infront of me decides to stop, then go. So i go and turn my head, stupidly assuming that once a person starts going in a Yield lane that they're going to infact....keep going, to check my left and make sure im clear to move in. No cars coming, all cars are stopped at lights..... BAM!.... he had stopped and I wasn't looking to catch it. Have no earthly idea why he stopped.. he couldn't even tell me why when I asked him.

Well I got a ticket for "following too closely" and my hood won't open, my grill is busted , my bumper is all Effed, and my car isn't pretty =(

guess the good thing that came out of this is a new paintjob/fixing of my hood, new headlights, and a new bumper(which was needed as you guys who have seen it know =P )

I get the estimate monday and I'm hoping to pull a new body kit out of this, if not a new paintjob =D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
wow. i would fight the ticket, because if the other driver doesnt show up, you win. Even if he does, it would be nice to get him up on the stand and find out why he stoped for no reason.

Im assuming you had full coverage insurance, so you should be all covered and dont take no shit from the bodyshop/insurance company.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
that sucks man. i know how it feels to rear end someone. Thats why my license plate looks like someone took a bite out of it. I also got a ticket to but took drivers ed for it.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Matt sent me the pics via the phone picture messaging ... and let me tell you guys ... it looks sad and badly beaten.

Good luck getting it fixed Matt.

Later
-ray-

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
damn that sucks dude, but u got full coverage, so no worries :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
December was not a good month for us houston focus members. I had car electric troubles, jeremy's car troubles, paul's van wreck, matt's car wreak, my friends purple truck, the one at the track broke four engine mounts, and of course the big one ray's house being robbed. Man! hopefully January will be a better month.[paranoid]

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Yeah ... well, hopefully the new year will be better ,,

OH And I turned my house into a fortress ... new parts to the alrms ... more locks and put the dogs into STUN MODE ... Yup

... Back to Topic...

So Matt have you put the car into the shop yet?

-Ray-

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I think december had some kind of trick to it. I went through 3 alternators in 2 weeks. My car was on a bad quest. I got so mad at carquest I just forked over the cash to advance auto and bought brand new only. Reman? AHHH, I no longer want that word in the dictionary! So anyone who needs a Reman Alternator at a much reasonable price including warranty papers to turn it in if ever needed... Here I am!

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
^^ I stick to the PepBoys and Advance Auto Parts for those basic parts ^^

I also have had bad experiences with the web-order parts.

-Ray-

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
I went through one reman alternator already and just got a brand new one. now my car is good now except for the rough a$$ idling.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah ... well, hopefully the new year will be better ,,

OH And I turned my house into a fortress ... new parts to the alrms ... more locks and put the dogs into STUN MODE ... Yup

... Back to Topic...

So Matt have you put the car into the shop yet?

-Ray-

It's going to the shop tomorrow when I get back from working...

Allstate wanted to put all used parts on my car but teh shop owner seriously said "They wanna use used parts but F[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] them i'm gettting you new OEM ones instead" and even said that he would put the body kit i want on my car as long as I bought it.

Hmm.. I wonder what else I could pull out of this =P

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
**cough** drop **cough** drop **cough** drop [thumb]

-ray-

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK So I got the pictures off my phone... and the dorp won't be coming =( I effed up haha:::

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How is this thread still below all the older ones? o_O

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bumper, hood, grill, head light(s?), and apparently 1000 worth under the hood also heh...

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Looks like your radiator and maybe some of the components behind the radiator too. ... If that was my car ... they would have considered it totaled. (My HIDS alone ... cost more than the worth of the car now)

-Ray-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts