Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so about 3 weeks ago I was coming home with a couple of friends at about 2 am or so. I was doing about 65 on the Highway, just cruising home when out of the corner of my eye, I spot a brown blob. In a split second, a deer came up out of the ravine, hit the side of the car, and bounced off.... Yes that's right..... The DEER HIT ME!...... So anyway, My fender is smashed in beyond repair, there is no Uni-body damage, the hood was slightly damaged, and the headlight reflective coating and 2/3 of the mounting brackets are broken.

Don't laugh at the ductape holding the bulb in place... I have no adjusters left to get the bulb down to where it needs to be. A buddy of mine found a Fender for $100 for me, another is tracking down a headlight, and another is gonna paint it for me. I should be able to fix it for about $250..... A lot better than my $1000 deductible. I would have taken a picture of my hand, but after 3 weeks its almost healed.... (I was pissed off when I got home, punched a pallet, broke the pallet, lost a bunch of skin and dislocated 2 fingers)..... Don't ask......

Mouse

·
Registered
247 Posts
sorry 2 hear that kamakaze deers have struck again. and maybe u should wait to hit stuff until u are installing something on your car or if u strip the spark plug threads thats usually when i get mad, but u have to realize that, it is what it is. Hope everything goes better 4 u =)

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
same thing happened to my sister and her fiance going up to the cabin, deer ran right into the passenger side of the car... thank god they took the Buick and not the 350z lol

get her fixed up real quick and be back to full hotness!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the deer bounced off the car and was fine.... Believe me, if I had killed it I would be enjoying some nice venison right now......

Yea I know.... it is what it is, but I feel like I could have avoided it..... and its my baby.....

Mouse

·
Registered
135 Posts
That sucks. My friend's dad messed up his F-150 pretty bad when a black bear ran out in front of him last week. He hit the bear with the drivers side front corner which crinkled his fender backwards, broke the grill and headlight, and bent the bumper. The bear definitely died because it crapped all down the side of the truck... I bet he didn't like cleaning THAT up!

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I almost hit one tonight. I took my eyes off the road for literally 3 seconds to turn the heat down, and I look up and there's a deer right in the middle of my lane. I'm not sure exactly how I did it, but I think my reflexes took over and I swerved out of the way to miss it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looking at the damage, your deer encounter came out pretty good IMO. I hit my deer on the interstate and pretty much totalled my 240sx. Still sucks to hit one though! There are def. waaaaay too many of them.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
haha, i get my venison the easier way, a good o'l jennings and carbon arrows!!! got me 4 already this year and am gonna get me a couple more next week in rifle season!! haha, but that does suck, i would suggest next time taking a gun instead of using a car!! lol was it a buck or doe??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts