Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the tuner scene. Just threw on some saleen reps on my zx3, but they stick out like a bitch! Any suggestions on how to pull them back in?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Different Wheels?

Specs. on the wheels would let folks help out more (diameter/width/offset), from the description they sound like Saleen "reps" for a Mustang (low offset).

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
Different Wheels?

Specs. on the wheels would let folks help out more (diameter/width/offset), from the description they sound like Saleen "reps" for a Mustang (low offset).
/\ yep

get wider fenders...If they are mustang wheels, they will be wide and low offset. Not something that will easily fit onto a focus.

Have pictures of the wheels and how far they are poking out?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If my phone would let me upload the damn thing. They are 17x8 with a +20 offest. I have been lookin for 17's but cant find any i like

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
sorry man not alot you can do there except cut your fenders to make room and put on flares. you need wheels in the range of 40mm-55mm offset to have them completely under the fenders with no modification in a 17x7. 17x7.5 needs to be 42mm offset or higher and you will still get a little fender rub when the suspension compresses at 42mm. 17x8 is a little tricky because you have to be careful about the inside edge of the wheel/tire rubbing the shock. with some research awhile back i discovered a 17x8 wheel would fit without rubbing with a 45mm offset. lower you rub fenders higher you rub shock. if you want anything wider than 8in you either need to run a small enough tire that the fender doesnt reach it when the suspension compresses or you have to cut the fenders and run flares. or you can always try to roll/pull out the fenders but most people have kind of hit and miss success with that. flares are just easier imo

the problem with all of this is that the 4x108 pattern is dead. not alot of selection for it out there and the selection that we do have sucks. everything is 17x7 and if all you care about is what it looks like then you should be okay because you can probably find something you like. 17x7.5 is a little more limited but you should find something if you look. if you want anything wider i wish you the best of luck because its damn near impossible to find anything wider than 7.5 inches with the proper offset. if you are in a position like me where you need the widest tire possible to get traction the only real option is to run mustang wheels and cut out the fenders.

another option is re-drilling your existing hubs and rotors for another lug pattern that is more popular and has better wheel options like 4x100 for example. we have a guy on this site who offers that service for relatively cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts