Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched but not finding what I am looking for. I am having a stumble or miss issue. This is what I know factually. It does NOT occur at idle or revving while in neutral. It does NOT occur while driving at any specific RPM, Specific gear etc. It does NOT occur when temps reach XX. When does it occur. ONLY IF > When I (essentially) 'punch' it. How long does it last? About half a second. Does it occur only at low RPM? No. Are you getting any CEL codes? No. If I rev engine high and pop the clutch, it will do it then. If I release the clutch at low RPM and 'punch it' it will do it then as well. I initially thought it may be associated with hard right hand turns, but it's not (had a prior post on that) . It may be plugs (but I have changed those and no joy. Plugs also show no burning or lean condition. In fact there purty much perfect). It may be MAF ( I do have the Steeda SRI, with my custom cold air pickup. No, the filter is not plugged up).
It may be the tune. It may be lots of things. It is somewhat intermittent. As soon as the 'stumble' quits, it pretty much goes like a scalded cat. I sorta had a thought it may be one of the COP (coil on plug). It only seems to occur during demands for maximum torque. So take a shot where you think I should start plz. Thanks much! [cheers]

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Your Tune had the same problems when i chipped my old svt focus

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an 05 ST w/ the 2.3L (35,000 miles)... We have an intermittent miss that seems similar... It has only happened a few times and it seems pretty random also. The car will suddenly stumble briefly and then go along as if nothing happened... We mentioned it at the last oil change and have decided it may be a bad ignition coil... We replaced the plugs and fuel filter at the same time, but it has happened once since then.

So, maybe the ignition coil(s)???... It so it may be hard to pinpoint until it gets significantly worse... So do we have to replace all 4? Pointers welcome... I'm a Honda kid... my wife drives the ST (and I think it's sweet)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts