Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 focus se with the 2..0 zetec dohc with the 5 speed, it is missing at idle and idles low, and i think it feels like it has almost no power below 4000rpms and if you are going up a hill in 5th gear it will loose speed with the pedal to the floor.

i have put a used engine in that only has 75k miles on it and installed a new clutch,

below is a list of things that i have done to try to fix the problem.

new pcv valve, new pcv hose, EGR delete, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, new fuel injectors, new fuel presser sincer<--- the thing that goes on the end of the fuel rail witch the hose goes into, new spark plugs, i have tried swapping out my coil and plug wires for the old ones that cane on the car as appose to the ones that were on the used engine that i bought, i have also checked for vacuum leaks with smoke tester, and the car shows no ecu codes.

i feel like the car has like no power below 4000rpms, i even raced my dad in his 2002 kia spectra, he has the 1.8l dohc with a 5 speed and from a 20mph roll up to 95mph he pulled about 3 to 4 car links, yet on paper his car is slower, so i dont know if my focus is just that slow or if something is wrong [boxface]

·
Registered
609 Posts
"Already started a new thread, just droping them in old threads to see if anyone in them knows anything"

Tired of having threads polluted by this. Feeling abused. I refuse to help.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat, all the duplicates will be removed.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
usually bad front o2 or TPS or vaccum hose leak maybe dirty intake maf not tight..air leak after the maf iono it can be a million things

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it already has a newer engine that only has 75,000 miles on it it does not have any vacuum leaks I have already checked all of it the the o2 sensors are new the mass air flow is tight and in good condition I have already installed a new throttle position sensor the timing belt is not new but the timing marks are still alive and I have checked it with a timing kit and install the pin in the block to make sure all timing marks are correct so timing belt can be ruled out of the situation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts