• Xenon air dam

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, summer is nearing an end, and I wont have any money for a while once it's over. So far, with some of my summer money, I plan to get a billet fuel door, some front component speakers, and I've already picked up some PIAA fogs. But with what's left, I'm debating between aluminum diamond floor mats and SVT headlights OR a Xenon air dam. What to get?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they are just the black housing headlights. And I think I may be leaning towards the airdam just a tad more. Anyone have an estimate on how much it might be to have it painted? Not really something I'd want to attempt with a rattle can....

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Painting costs really depend on your area. Best bet is to ask around for reputable shops, then visit a few and get quotes. Remember with painting cheapest isn't always the best route, you want quality prep work and labor so the paint stays good!

But by asking for ideas of where to look (people wouldn't recommend a place tha did a shitty job) and getting a few different prices you get an idea of "local value" I guess. Like around here if you paid $50 for a fair-sized piece to be painted, you're asking for trouble... but in other areas of the country that could be normal.

Also, if you have a "Maaco" shop around you (they're a chain), steer clear! I don't think I've ever heard of them doing a good job. Around here they run specials to "completely repaint your car for $200" That's stupid-cheap no matter where you are, in a bad way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts