Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had a problem where I was getting a bad stuttering under wot. I got new wires and it solved the problem. Now about 3-4k miles since then im starting to feel the stuttering coming back but under very low rpms 1k-2k. My first thought was that my coil was bad, we checked it out and it seemed to be fine. I dont wanna throw the part on there if it isnt the problem. Oh and plugs only have 40k on them (platinum).

I have my egr disabled and havent had it tuned out yet (gonna be getting a tune for my turbo, gonna have it done then). I unplugged it b/c my dpfe went bad again and I didnt feel like spending the money to replace the dpfe when i was gonna just remove it anyways once the turbo is on there.

My friend thinks that it is either that or a vacuum leak. What do you guys think?? I would really like to at least identify the problem (if its tune) before I install turbo kit.

Performance mods r in my profile if that helps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
You can confirm or reject vacuum leaks easily enough. Get a can of carb cleaner and spray it around the engine while it's idling. Any vacuum leak will suck in the carb cleaner.....causing the idle speed to go up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
any codes??? p0401 has my car shudder around 2k dpfe problem i think

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm after testing the coil and wires i havent had the stutter, maybe it was just something wack with a wire or something... time will tell i guess.

And it would be impossible for the dpfe to cause this, i have it disabled.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Soooo the problem went away, maybe? Try this. Mess with one hole, drive, stop go to the next hole, drive and so on, can you get it to fail in this way. The worst that can happen is a nice drive and some exercise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts