Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my idler pulley seized on me and shredded my serpentine belt. I towed my focus home and upon inspection I was able to diagnose that the alt and water pump were messed up. I bought all the parts and began to remove the water pump. The pulley came out fine and I removed the four bolts that hold the water pump to the housing. Once the bolts were removed I attempted to remove the water pump but it wont budge. I'm assuming the previous owner might have used some bonding agent as a seal. Does anyone have any advice to remove it. I've been banging at it all day with a pry bar but it still won't budge.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
If you're positive that you've exposed and removed all of the bolts, then use a 2x4 as an extension and a heavy hammer. Whacking on it with a pry bar will be more likely to crack it than hitting on it like I'm describing.

Who knows what the previous owner used. I've known people who've used epoxy to put parts on. Speaking of epoxy.... do you own a propane torch? Is the area clean of other combustibles? You can use heat to loosen it. A strong heat gun might do the trick also if you're afraid of flame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ive been trying to do as u guys mention and ive still havent had any progress with it. Is the water pump housing a seperate piece from the block or is it all together at this point if it is a seperate piece im considering just getting another housing and dropping the new pump into it. what do u guys think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i managed to finally get the pump out i had to tap it with a hammer on the left and right side of the pump shaft until it broke the corrosion that had sealed it shut. ill upload picture later for yall to see how jacked up it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts