Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a while of being unemployed I got my first large paycheck after covering all my bills and want to put it toward sfixing some stuff on my focus.
I drive a 2000 se auto
First up is my trunk-Ive run into what seems to be a common problem-so part of the latch.locking mechanism is broke and now neither turning the key in the lock nor hitting the button will budge the trunk open. Ive read up on how to fix it,my only issue so far is how to get the trunk open to work on it-mine is an 00 and doesnt have the hanging emergency release-is there some special way to get the trunk open to work on? I can get my backseat down ,so working from the inside is no problem.

Second, after getting the car I soon found out it was developing a similar problem as my old 01 focus-when the car is on,it vibrates like crazy.On the 01 I had, it turned out to be the motor mounts.When I took my 00 Focus to Ford a few months ago to get the shocks replaced(thankfully under recall) I asked them to check it out-the mechanic told me it was the linkage-can someone explain that better? Is the mechanic wrong? Anyone know how to fix it?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
405 Posts
u might end up having a locksmith come and open your trunk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got fords collision center to open it for free,trunks fixed

vibrations still there, tho

1 - 3 of 3 Posts