1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
I guess it depends a bit on your wheels and your own style. If I'd go with chrome wheels I'd also get simple chrome lug nuts.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point. Going with chrome. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I went with Gorilla black chrome locking lug nuts.
I like them on my black painted wheels.
They also might look good as your wheels have a grey painted area around that area.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was curious about those too but I don't know how they'd look.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I was curious about those too but I don't know how they'd look.
Well, when you look at your current picture, the center of the wheel draws your eye due to it being 'busy' with the alternating grey/silver around the center. If they were black lug nuts, that would lessen, and your eye would be pulled to the look of the spokes a lot more. Your eyes would be following the line if the spokes moving to the rim...
Rather than sticking to the eye catching center busy stuff. [hihi]
Thus 'seeing' the wheel as a whole better.

Also the lugs would be like the black empty space in the blades of the spokes (so in effect they would 'blend' but in a far more subtle way than the shiny lugs blend with the shiny blades of the spoke.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the kind of opinion I was looking for! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have two thoughts on this matter:

1. Before installing the black Lugnuts, spray a small amount of plastidip into your socket to prevent scratching the lugs.

2. You might wanna consider some gel decals to cover the blue center caps. Perhaps black, anthracite, gunmetal. Sumthin' along those lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts