Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I head out to buy a Crib last night get it loaded into the back seat and drive up... the second we get home neither of the back doors will open... I did eventually get one open after opening the window but for a while the window would not go back up... and now the other door will not open and the window will not move. I took the cover off the handle/window switch and power is getting there.... and I can hear the handles attempting to open the door but getting nothing... any ideas as to why my car is attempting to make me take it to the stealership?

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think its a relay cause there is power getting to the switch and so on... Any ideas on how to just get the damn door open first so I can take the panel off to check everything?

·
Registered
972 Posts
yeah I had that happen to me once last summer as well, I went to get in my drivers side door and it wouldn't open I ended up having to go in through the passenger. My suggestion take some wd-40 or something similar and clean out the hinges

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I had that happen to me once last summer as well, I went to get in my drivers side door and it wouldn't open I ended up having to go in through the passenger. My suggestion take some wd-40 or something similar and clean out the hinges
How did you get the wd 40 on there? I pull and pull on the handle and the door refuses to open....

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Cycle the door lock several times and see if you can get it to free up. Keep working with it until you can get it open. Probably the best thing to do is simply repetition. Eventually it will open. After it's open, do not use WD-40 on the latch, it will remove the factory grease inside the latch. Use white lithium spray grease instead, and work the latch with your finger, and with the door open to be sure you have grease everywhere you can get it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks... Actually before I came to work I figured I would try it... and lo and behold... the door opens... window still won't move but I will figure that one out later... might have killed the switch putting an LED in it... but its getting power and cycling the switch gets power too so I don't know have to rip it all apart later lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts