Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's take on the short antenna offerings out there? Steeda vs. Cravenspeed vs. ?

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have the cravenspeed from Amazon $25

Works fine to me. I don't use the radio much, but the reception is the same to the stock piece for the times I've used it.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
What is everyone's take on the short antenna offerings out there? Steeda vs. Cravenspeed vs. ?
I love the low profile Visual Garage shark fin. I am also designing my own based on a quarter wave angled meander line antenna. I'll post it up when I am done.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love the low profile Visual Garage shark fin. I am also designing my own based on a quarter wave angled meander line antenna. I'll post it up when I am done.
I really like the look of the VG shark fin! Have you noticed any worse reception with the VG shark fin vs the stock? And do you know if that would work with the sedan?

·
Registered
527 Posts
that rly looks nice, can't wait to see yours! The only thing that irks me about fins is if they have a gap between them and the roof, or if it doesnt look flush.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I really like the look of the VG shark fin! Have you noticed any worse reception with the VG shark fin vs the stock? And do you know if that would work with the sedan?
When I spoke with VG, they asked me if I had a hatch or sedan so I assume they have a model for each. The reception is fine. The VG shark fin actually has two antennas inside the shell. One is a Koch curve fractal and the other is a copper trace meander line.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I spoke with VG, they asked me if I had a hatch or sedan so I assume they have a model for each. The reception is fine. The VG shark fin actually has two antennas inside the shell. One is a Koch curve fractal and the other is a copper trace meander line.
Thanks for the info, good to know! Do the 3M adhesive strips clamp it down to the car really well? How has it held up against the heat? My concern is that the strips would lose grip from the snow, ice and extreme cold we've had here in MA.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Thanks for the info, good to know! Do the 3M adhesive strips clamp it down to the car really well? How has it held up against the heat? My concern is that the strips would lose grip from the snow, ice and extreme cold we've had here in MA.
I have one on my sedan, and it survived a Chicago winter with no problems. When I ordered, they only had one for the hatch, and it fit my sedan fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one on my sedan, and it survived a Chicago winter with no problems. When I ordered, they only had one for the hatch, and it fit my sedan fine.
I think its definitely a nice looking subtle little piece that adds some sleekness to the car. How long have you had it on? Have you noticed any loss of grip or any gaps for water to get in?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I think its definitely a nice looking subtle little piece that adds some sleekness to the car. How long have you had it on? Have you noticed any loss of grip or any gaps for water to get in?
It's been on almost a year. It's still firmly stuck on, no problems. As long as you prep the surface correctly, ie remove all dirt, wax, etc from the spot, the 3M tape isn't going anywhere. People on the Escape forums have roof spoilers just attached with that stuff and they stay put.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts