Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which STS is the best? Can all of them be used with my stock shift knob? And are they really as easy to install as everyone says they are?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
There is no best, as best will vary from person to person.

I'm a fan of the Steeda, but since you have an '06, it will require some extra modifications to work since you don't have a reverse lockout like earlier models.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
yes there easy to install the hardest part if any is taking out the center console. it takes about 5 mins to put the shifter in. i have a steeda and i love it it works great. and i use the stock knob

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Yea, I learned that the hard way. Whoops.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you remover the reverse lock-out and are the thrwos really that much shorter?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how easy is it too install?

·
Registered
571 Posts
No I didnt dremel anythign, tho I suppose that would have worked...

If you look on that picture, theres two bolt lookin things coming off each side of the of the shaft (think frankenstein). Take those screws out, and the black assembly thats further down and attached with those long skinny pieces comes off.

I noticed the difference, but it wasnt that big of a change. But coupled with a new shift knob and its definately more fun to drive [thumb]

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I managed to get mine so the reverse lockout was stuck in the upwards position. It makes it easier to grip also. I can't remember exactly how I did it..but I know I unscrewed the two screws at the top and then put the rubber piece from the inside of the part where you screw the shiftknob down so that it would stay stuck up there. A little creativity and it works like a charm! I love the steeda STS. It makes shifts way faster without compromising the arm position. It's great!

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I have an 06 and the TSeeda. Yes it is as easy to install as everybody sasy, and you don't NEED to modify it. The only modification if you will would to replace the black plastic thing inside the head with a spring so the shift knob can move up and down when putting it is reverse. It isn't necessary, but I would kinda suggest it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol seen a bad one on ebay saw the guy go for the shift then bam that bitch broke in half!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Never heard of Marcy's STS. What I read here says that the Steeda is just the same thing as the Ford Racing except it's mose expensive. There's B&M and C-F-M that have some nice choices.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I am going to go with the FR or the steeda

1 - 17 of 17 Posts