1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
442 Posts
My suggestion is you could modify yours... these shifters are only shorter right? I dont think they change the point that the cable attaches or anything else. Can someone verify this or correct me as I have a stock unmolested shifter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They both change the shift points, but the CFM one is a better product from what I've seen. It has a shorter shift (longer shift point), has adjustable height, & is just a better constructed shifter. I've seen enough steeda shifters snap to never want to buy one.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
i have the Steeda/FRPP STS. I bought it mainly because I DD my car and it still allows me to be lazy and rest my elbow on the center console and shift with my wrist. Its about 1in lower than stock and cuts on the length, not drastically, of the 1-2 and out into 5th shifting because of the linkage points.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, well so the CFM is better build quality and is shorter, is it pain to shift with it compared to the steeda??

And i want a STS with better shift points, not just about its length

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I think it s about the same in terms of shift length, the cfm one just sits lower.

·
Registered
975 Posts
steeda.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's a link to a groupbuy on my home forum & it compares the Stock v Steeda v CFM & you can see the difference.

Faster than u, I think CFM had adjustable & non-adjustable ones but on their site there's only the adjustable ones listed. Not completely sure though.

[driving]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
hum, im thinkin i would still go with the cfm

·
Registered
891 Posts
the steeda shifter is the exact same as the FRPP shifter. they changed from where the bottom link is and makes it so u dont have to shift as far which in turn makes a shorter shift.

the CFM one copy this and added adjustablity to it and its not even a solid piece.

IMO i would get the Steeda/FRPP one.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
Here's a link to a groupbuy on my home forum & it compares the Stock v Steeda v CFM & you can see the difference.

Faster than u, I think CFM had adjustable & non-adjustable ones but on their site there's only the adjustable ones listed. Not completely sure though.

[driving]
it says right at the top of your link that those are for the SVT not the regular zx3. if you look at the links in the first post the cfm one is in no way adjustable, its one fing peice of metal. lok at the links b4 posting next time

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the hacking off ur shifter works, but it doesn't adjust the pivot point to make the throw shorter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts