Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend i was watching Two Guys Garage n behold i saw this rear mounted, muffler acting dunno wat u wanna call it turbo system on a C6 corvette,,,awesome...the website is www.ststurbo.com company based out of Utah...they have a Universal system(tuner kit) but it does not include the piping or silicone connectors for $3125. They have an extensive sound n video clips on their website...u should hear the mustang gt...Can u guys check it out n give me ur feedback. Their website is loaded with articles import n domestic about their systems

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
wow... i've never seen that before. but they didn't really provide clear specs, dimensions, and how it works MECHANICALLY.

·
Registered
595 Posts
wow arent these the kits that give you like waaaay too much turbo lag?...yep thats the one

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
wow that is a strange looking system..talk about turbo lag, those things pretty much make up the damn exhaust, i bet that thing sounds awesome from the rear, but still, why so far back???

and all i can say is wow on that c6 kit

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well based on principle, hot exhaust gases is wat a turbo needs to make power, listening to the cars n reading there reviews...lag is very minimal jus like a engine mounted turbo...i guess it's in the design of the turbo itself...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Why so far back? It's because there is such limited space in the engine bay of F-bodies and newer V8 cars in general.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think so...it's jus their principle...it has it's advantages, simple to install, no changing of manifolds n other things associated with installing a turbo, less heat, lag like i said before is minimal due to the design of the turbine n piping used...even the dilter is located out back...ambient air, thats where it's located...i wonder wat Tom thinks!?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've been on there site for over a year. No big lag problems. If you ever look a a mustang at the races you will see a turbo under the hood & the ice box in the back seat or trunk to cool the air. This is just less pluming, thus less lag & less heat ( cooler out from under the hood & has a better air flow over the turbos. I'm putting a twin set up on my 88 Mustang coupe.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was at a dyno day today in southwest FL and among a lot of really sick cars there was a WS6 TA with this kit. He was throwing down 500hp and 530ish tq

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Rides did an episode were four teams had to trick a chevy HHR ,one of the teams used this set up due to the limeted room and the plastic intake on the HHR.The other teams just cramed in V8's with rear drive conversions

·
Registered
621 Posts
pwned?

i was checkin out the vids on the c5 - last i tried the c6 links were broken - and found this one...

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/i/C5 Corvette/11.4.127.wmv

very interesting item indeed.
i'd definitely buy it, but a little down the road...I still have a warranty to ride out and money to save, hehe. the idea that it runs cooler alone is pretty badass, and add a real nice intercooler despite lesser requirements, and this product seems to have a lot of potential.

·
Registered
169 Posts
2.0TooSlow said:
Heh, my buddy sold his 550rwhp 2003 Procharged Z06 to buy a 2006 Vette and he is awaiting delivery of his APS TT kit. [:D]
Good luck keeping traction in that thing, The one of those i was lucky enough to drive (C6 APS TT) was probably the most rediculously powered car I have ever driven.

It's like driving a pissed off fish that you've flopped on the concrete, no matter how hard you try that little beast is going to slide around.

No matter how you cut it, there is more power there than one will ever use. But the smile on your face will be from ear to ear.

-Technyne

1 - 18 of 18 Posts