Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was trying to put a STS in my car today and i can't seem to get the will to take off the retaining clip, cause i just feel like i'm going to break it. anyone else done an STS install?

·
Registered
503 Posts
a lot of us have. i did break my clip, broke one ... wing? off it still clipped fine when i put it back on. Follow the how tos and directions you can find online. use a socket to make sure they release evenly.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Just take ur time w/ it and don't rush it. I almost broke mine, but I just fiddled w/ it till I had it off. be patient!

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm trying to be careful with it it just doesn't seem to want to come off, i broke a little of the back of it off (the flat part) and there seems to be a little piece of thin metal behind that as well. is that also connected to the piece?

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^how the hell?

·
Registered
789 Posts
just get a new one and break that b!tch off.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
my sts was my very first mod i did to my car... i just took my time and didn't break it... but im sur you can get a new one real cheap from b16sir1991 on here

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Mine wasn't that hard. I have an 03 and the shifter is different. Mine was basically the whole shifter assembly 3 or 4 screws and pop off 1 or 2 linkages. Gotta love the 02.5 and up shifters!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts