Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to throw my new suspension in by using the well written how-to's on the site but it seems like the nut on top of the strut is seized up or i'm just retarded. Probably the latter but anyway. I've tried using air tools by using quick burst and it just won't let up. The wrenches they have at the shop aren't offset enough. Does anyone think if I heat a wrench up to get enough curve into the top hat that I can get that to break free with the allen wrench holding the piston stable? i've lowered cars before but never have had this issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We heated and bent a wrench while lowering my stepson's Civic Si a couple of months ago and it worked. May not be the best way to do it, but is was the cheapest (wasn't my wrench.)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Here is a crude way of doing it. Get a big pair of vice grips and clamp down on the piston then take your impact driver and loosen the nut, this will jam the vice grips into the spring with no damage to the spring but will allow you to remove the nut. But make sure that you have spring compressors on the spring to avoid any possible injury to yourself.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a crude way of doing it. Get a big pair of vice grips and clamp down on the piston then take your impact driver and loosen the nut, this will jam the vice grips into the spring with no damage to the spring but will allow you to remove the nut. But make sure that you have spring compressors on the spring to avoid any possible injury to yourself.
sound like that might just work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts