Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Strut Tower Bars out there that will work with the AEM Cold Air on an SVT? The STB is one of the last things I'll be doing (short of a cage and a Blower) - but so far, Steeda and FC both say that their bars won't work.

If there aren't any bars out there that will work - are there any intake/stb combos out there at all that will work with the SVT?

Thanks in advance - I'll be at the track next weekend, and I'm going to need to get this ordered Monday in order to have it on the car by Saturday :)

-Christopher

·
Registered
798 Posts
The FocusSport will work I believe. It's not a straight bar, it's got a zigzag pattern in it to clear the intake. You might want to call before you order one though.

·
Registered
38 Posts

yea Focussport, this is mines

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful... thanks guys... placed the order for mine just now. Exactly what I needed to know! Now if only I could get my Pulley from the guy I bought it from, I'd be all set ;)

-Christopher

·
Registered
62 Posts
So AEM intake fits with STB with no problems? No clearance and everything? Anyone got pics of this setup?

·
Registered
38 Posts
theres no clearance problems at all, went in just fine

·
Registered
990 Posts
aem

dont know why steeda would say that. i have their front bar and aem on my svtf.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That figures... guess it was a CYA type of thing. I got the FocusSport last night, and installed it last night. Fits like a champ. Only concern is that the bar is rubbing against the fuse box... not sure if that'll be a problem later or not.

So here's another question... in tightening down the bolts holding the STB on, I managed to torque one of them off (had the nut cross threaded and didn't realize it until it was too late).

Any idea what it's going to take to get this fixed? I can only assume that I <b>really</b> need to get this fixed before I hit the track Saturday.

Thanks,
christopher

·
Registered
965 Posts
Im new to this forum and i was just wondering if you have the air bypass valve for the AEM CIA and if you dont does it get blocked a lot.

·
Registered
990 Posts
uh oh

dont know what to tell you bout that. im not much of a fabricator. on a side note, where on track will you be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts