Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a unique situation i think and am in need of ya'lls help. I have a 2003 zx3 and my shocks/struts have gone to the crappers. I need to get new ones but am unsure of what i'll need. I have the SVT Springs on so the ride is stiffer and a little bit lower than stock. can i get stock/OEM shocks or do i need to get some that are designed for lowered cars?

If i can go with stock/oem ones where can i get the best price for some and which should i go with? Just looking for a smooth comfortable ride, don't need adjustables.
thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that right there seems the way to go, good price too. Should be easy to do since i had to do it all when i put the springs on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, so they are out of stock and have no ETA on delivery. Anyone know of somebody that may have these in stock or another alternative to this set of shocks??

·
Registered
308 Posts
You should get koni.... kinda expensive but they are adjustable and can sustain with the lowering springs. Its wat Im going to get with my lowering springs not to mention they are yellow lol! good luck with ur choice!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You should get koni.... kinda expensive but they are adjustable and can sustain with the lowering springs. Its wat Im going to get with my lowering springs not to mention they are yellow lol! good luck with ur choice!
Koni's are a very nice shock but overkill unless you're a serious autocrosser in stock class or have seriously stiff springs. With the SVT springs the SVT shocks would be a natural complement at a very good bang for the buck cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts