Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’ve been looking for a coil over setup that won’t break the bank, and the only thing I’ve found are Ricelands. Is there a more economical strut, spring, and shock setup that would work well with my 2014 focus titanium?
I was thinking H&R springs, but don’t know what struts to go with it if I need to replace the rear ones, or just fronts.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You're going to have to spend more money than Raceland's offerings if you want the ride to not feel like absolute garbage and not rust and seize up within 30K miles.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
So I’ve been looking for a coil over setup that won’t break the bank, and the only thing I’ve found are Ricelands. Is there a more economical strut, spring, and shock setup that would work well with my 2014 focus titanium?
I was thinking H&R springs, but don’t know what struts to go with it if I need to replace the rear ones, or just fronts.
I guess I’ll respond since I just ordered the steeda lowering springs and will also be ordering st front struts and titanium “handling package” rear shocks from tousley ford. My focus is currently on eibach sportlines but the car is to low, sits 2 inches lower than stock. I’ll also be replacing top hats/bearings, etc. This is the most economical set up for the street that I’m aware of. I’ve been running those struts/shocks for the last 4-5 years and 60k miles (Florida).

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
2'' to low? Handles great too.....
Gramatical scholar lol. I couldn’t take the car through car washes after it got stuck and bent the mid chasis bracing on the drivers side. I’m trying to raise it up to prepare for Michigan roads as well so the logical move was Sportlines to Steeda. Undecided on St front struts or handling package all the way around. Thoughts Felix?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I would run thru those car washes to start with. Thought you lived in Florida vs Michigan....I'd be figuring out the difference= Steeda vs the pro-dampers? If the st struts work & fit, I'd go w/ them. http://autogeek.com for your vehicle detailing products......bam....

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I always hand wash. However, the car wash will be to get the underbody every couple weeks to remove road salt.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I'd be looking at a truck/jeep....
Already in the works but that takes money lol. Working with what I got at the moment but projecting I’ll be able to pick up a used Tundra in a year or two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since I have a 14 titanium, i already have teh rear handling package, would the ST struts work on my car?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Since I have a 14 titanium, i already have teh rear handling package, would the ST struts work on my car?
Just make sure you buy 14’ ST struts. They made a change from 2012/2013 to 2014+years. I’d replace the top hats, bearings, strut bolts, etc while you’re in there. It’s a bit of a bear but doable. My total came to $235 +shipping from Tousley Ford. Plus $230 for the springs from Steeda (they’re running a Labor Day sale).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So steeda doesnt have springs for my car, i think the only brand that I can find is H&R, i really want to get 2in off the stock ride hight though

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
So steeda doesnt have springs for my car, i think the only brand that I can find is H&R, i really want to get 2in off the stock ride hight though
Go with the eibach sportlines if you want 2”. I left the rubber isolator inserts out from the struts which might give you another 1/4”. Looking back I wish I would’ve left them in.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
For coils buy nice or buy twice...

For a cup kit set up make sure to pair those aftermarket springs with something nice too. Even though a stock set up can handle a mild drop you might as well upgrade it all when doing the work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts