Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I fell victim to needing new end links on my Focus, just like so many others. I had heard a little asuspension noise for a few weeks, then I backed up in a hurry & heard a loud " clunk " from the front end. I ordered the MOOG parts from Rock Auto & put those on this morning. For those who wonder what the difference in looks is, here are some pix. Notice how worn my old one is. The MOOG part also has grease zerts , too. Drives like a new one .

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
I just put the moogs on as well and yeah, they were crazy bigger than the oem. Hopefully, they will last longer than the second set on oem I replaced.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Jeez.......don't waste your money on those pretty things. Absolutely no protection from the environment. Even if they were lined with teflon or nylon, they ain't going to last long.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I put a set of NAPA premiums made by Spicer (US made) and they were a hell of a lot beefier than the OEMs I pulled off at appx 95k miles. 30k miles later, they still work great and have grease zerks. Funny thing is the OEM ones I was able to pull them off with my hand leaving the bolts connected to the suspension.

I paid I think 15 each for the links after AAA discount, if I had the money I would opt for the moog of course.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Jeez.......don't waste your money on those pretty things. Absolutely no protection from the environment. Even if they were lined with teflon or nylon, they ain't going to last long.
You can get a boot for them

My friend off roads with his Jeep with them unprotected and they seem to hold up fine after this long. Plus his has all sorts of nasties in it from mud to other dirt and grime. I opted no boots after seeing his.

If anything the joints aren't terribly expensive at $7 a piece..

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have not had good luck with the moogs. Got 9K out of them on the wifes Grand caravan and 18 out of them with the focus.......will go back to OEM......got 60K outta those

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Had NO money when i needed a set, threw on the "cheapos"s from Autozone, they had zerks - OK so far..... And the "lifetime" might take care of any issues....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts