Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any recommendations on which company has one of the better strut bars? i'm looking for whoever has the thickest.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i have the focus sport strut bar, it is 7/8". as far as focus- central and all i think they are similar, and size difference is not going to be wide.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Do these work with the Sedan? I remember asking a ford dealer and they said the strut they had listed only for the zx3.....fc doesn't say it's for the zx3 only.....

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
whatever fits the zx3 will fit the sedan engine wise as long as you have a zetec (except exhaust) . tell the ford dealer to know there own damn car. :p i was naive enough to call the ford dealer and ask how much it would cost to install the fc pulley kit and they quoted me some 250 dollars haha. and another time i had to fix my shift base assembly (the plastic broke) and they quoted me 200 bucks for the install. i did it myself in about 30 minutes. im pretty fed up with ford dealers.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks very much for the heads up.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
I think I read somewhere, that any strut bar that is allowed to be adjusted is a piece of crap, and that a solid one-piece design is the best bet.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
ebay strut bars i think probably make a difference but is not the same quality and will not fit as well. just go for the better quality.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Zarelli6 said:
ebay strut bars i think probably make a difference but is not the same quality and will not fit as well. just go for the better quality.

I have heard of people having problems shutting the hood with the ebay ones.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so focussport it is, haha.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I have the Focus Sport and it fits/works just fine. Steeda does offer one which is made of something they call Chrome-Moly which is supposed to be stiffer and stronger than just the plain steel bar. Whether you could tell the difference between the two I don't know but the Chrome-moly is about $50 more.

·
Registered
990 Posts
adams racing rear bar

as my new cage is going in, i am selling my adams racing rear bar. it is the light weight aluminum bar. it was 275 plus shipping new. i will sell it for 175 plus shipping. you can check them out at www.adamsracing.net. it is they only rear bar that really works. it is in as new condition.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I like the design of the OBX bar (available from Modern Performance) its straight which is the first thing you look for in a functional strut bar. Having adjustments thru a quality heim joint (a beefy one) at the bar ends will not hurt the performance of the bar.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Followup - I ran across this supplier of OBX bars. The GX bar looks pretty nice for the price. The full circular bracket at the bar ends and solid billet construction are nice features you don't see in this price range (usually you get a tubular aluminum bar for this cost) I don't know anything about the reputation or lack thereof for this company.
www.streetstyler.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts